RenderDoc Debugger Update 0.19
On Friday, Crytek announced Version 0.19 of RenderDoc is available. RenderDoc was released just a few weeks ago, but they have already made many bug fixes and some improvements based on the initial feedback.
— CRYENGINE (@cryengine) March 14, 2014
The focus of 0.19 is on addressing bugs and feedback from the initial release and getting that out quickly. Thanks to all who gave feedback
— RenderDoc (@RenderDoc) March 14, 2014
- Added a ‘clear’ marker to the timeline bar to visualise where a texture is cleared in the frame.
- Added an option to hide empty marker sections in the event browser and timeline bar.
- Added a menu option to open the error log directly.
- Include logged managed callstack in crash log.
- Using a custom visualisation shader, the original and new values are displayed side by side in the status bar.
- Added support for matrices in the raw buffer format specifier, as well as a few non-HLSL types.
- Pick up buffer formats correctly in the pipeline state viewer.
- Added the ability to queue up a specific frame number to capture.
- Display a message when a frame fails to capture, and abandon the capture if 5 frames in a row fail.
RenderDoc can be downloaded for free from Crytek.
The CryEngine SDK can also be be downloaded for free for non-commercial use.