The Ultima Game Developer Series
Creating a game is a big task, and can be overwhelming for a single developer or small team. In this ongoing series of posts, I’d like to introduce different concepts, and explore how they shape the game that you make. After all, the goal is to make the best game possible, so here are my thoughts on a variety of subjects.
New articles will be written and added as they occur to me, and as I have time to flesh them out. If anyone has any suggestions for new topics, please post here and I’ll try to get to them as soon as possible.
There are the articles released so far for Ultima Game Developers:
- A Seamless, Dual-Scale, or Leveled World?
- Full Day-and-Night Cycles
- NPC Schedules
- Conversation Trees
- Hardware and Software Requirements for Game Development
- Testing Requirements for Game Development
- A Game Developer Skillset
- Legality of Fan Games