Crytek released the latest version of the CryENGINE, version 3.4.3, this week.
Hundreds of Updates
The CryENGINE boast over 1,000 updates to the engine since 3.4.0 was released earlier this year. The top features of 3.4.1, 3.4.2, and 3.4.3 include:
- Dedicated Server
- Revamped Launcher menu
- Sandbox Welcome screen, documentation link, and Smart Open
- Terrain precision/smoothing improvements
- Sandbox UI tweaks, fixes and cleanup
- Ambient occlusion (SSAO) improvements
- Improved stereoscopic rendering (SSR)
- Terrain shadow casting support
- Box projected cubemaps
- Improved DirectX 9 Support for Environment Probes
For more of the 1,000+ changes in the CryENGINE, see the changelog for this update on the CryDev forums.
Go get it!
CryENGINE 3.4.3 at www.crydev.net.