Unreal Engine 4.4 Updates
Since the release of version 4.4 of the Unreal Engine, Epic has posted several hotfixes for the release.
Unreal Engine 4.4.1
- Unreal Front End: Fixed a crash that occurred when using cooking-on-the-fly with MacNoEditor
- Oculus Rift support has been updated to use the Oculus 0.4.1 Beta SDK
- Fixed a crash when opening animations from the Military Weapons Asset Content Pack on the Marketplace
- Fixed a bug where mouse handling was broken on Mac
- Blueprints: Added a redirect to the base engine ini which allows existing content to point to the correct location for an enum, fixing a compatibility break
- Fixed info.plist search order in UAT
- Fixed a bug with audio in Couch Knights
The 4.4.1 update notes are available on the Epic Forum.
Unreal Engine 4.4.2
Hotfix 4.4.2 is live: https://t.co/0QDh7Smi8A! Includes Oculus Rift support for Vehicle sample game which is free in the UE4 Marketplace.
— Unreal Engine (@UnrealEngine) September 10, 2014
- Fixed an error that could occur with Notify tracks in animation Montages.
- Fixed an error that could cause the Mac Editor to become unresponsive when Slate Text Views were used
- Fixed game plugin source being compiled with optimizations when Debug or DebugGame configuration is set.
- Updated Vehicle Template with Oculus Rift support!
The 4.4.2 update notes are available on the Epic Forum.
Unreal Engine 4.4.3
Unreal Engine 4.4.3 Hotfix is live: https://t.co/LQ6Qi9Ikxn Includes Xcode 6 support and improved Oculus compatibility for Vehicle template.
— Unreal Engine (@UnrealEngine) September 17, 2014
– Fixed a crash after loading a Blueprint with particular linked nodes set as a dependency of another Blueprint.
– Fixed a .NET Framework SDK test dependency added in 4.4.1.
– Added Xcode 6 support; please review the known issues.
– Improved Oculus compatibility with the Vehicle template – fixed the camera setup and replaced the vehicle mesh.
Known Xcode 6 issues
- – Unreal Engine 4.4 only supports Xcode 5 for non-GitHub users. We recommend not upgrading and not auto-updating to Xcode 6 because things will break. If you do update to Xcode 6 you’ll be able to download Xcode 5 from the iOS Dev Center.
- Go here (login required).
- Select and download Xcode 5.1.1.
- Completely replace Xcode 6 with Xcode 5.1.1 (in the Applications directory).
– Content-only projects are not affected.
– GitHub projects may fail to compile for iOS the first time. Recompiling should resolve the issue.
– These issues will be resolved in 4.5
The 4.4.3 update notes are available on the Epic Forum.