Unity 4.5.4 Update Available
Unity 4.5.4 Released
Unity Technologies recently released Unity 4.5.4, which contains some new features and bugfixes.
— Unity Technologies (@unity3d) September 11, 2014
- Android: Added the ability to deploy and run games on Android TV.
- Graphics: Added Texture2D.EncodeToJPG with JPG quality argument.
- Graphics: Added Visible in Background option to windowed fullscreen.
- Linux: Stop force-disabling sync to vblank when a compositing window manager is detected.
- Physics 2D: All 2D physics components now perform faster GetComponent lookups.
- Terrain: Added an option to preload all detail patches and keep them loaded in memory. Set via the Terrain settings and with the “collectDetailPatches” property. Can reduce hiccups when navigating a Terrain.
- Terrain: Improved tree culling performance.
- Windows Phone / Store: Slightly improved performance in master builds.
- 2D: Fixed sprite importing regression which caused sprite references to be lost on texture rename.
- Android: Fixed application hanging and crashing when trying to close the IME with the back button.
- Android: Fixed game starting not full screen if the orientation is not set to Auto Rotation.
- Android: Fixed mouse input for interacting with standard GUI.
- Asset Import: Fixed crash when plugin DLL calls AssetDatabase.Refresh in type initializer.
- Editor & Webplayer: Fixed crash when loading some meshes imported with Unity 3.5.
- Editor: Fixed “ArgumentException: Invalid path” error that might occur with some custom windows.
- Editor: Fixed an issue whereby text went out of the TextArea in custom editor when return was pressed or multi line text was pasted.
- Editor: Fixed Asset Store window showing up blank in DirectX 11 mode on some Intel graphics cards.
- Editor: Fixed Hierarchy NullReferenceException happening when dragging an item over another item that is not a parent.
- Editor: Fixed inspector rendering when having more than one missing script on a GameObject.
- Editor: Fixed launch of Visual Studio for script editing, added additional logging to the editor log to troubleshoot future problems.
- Editor: Fixed that a hidden Hierarchy window did not refresh when changing scenes.
- Editor: Fixed that the icon for Alphabetical Sorting in the Hierarchy toolbar did not show when selected.
- Editor: Fixed that when searching in the Hierarchy clicking on a search result item and then on “x” button did not reveal it.
- Editor: Multiple events in the animation window can be dragged.
- Editor: SpritePacker will not crash packing sprites generated from textures with certain OnPostprocessTexture scripts.
- Editor/iOS: Large memory samples in profiler now work. Fix for the error “Buffer is not large enough for the message.”
- Graphics: Fixed Shader Material Keyword changes not applying to Materials on objects in the scene.
- Graphics: Fixed skinned meshes sometimes not rendering in player builds when Read/Write Enabled import option is disabled.
- Graphics: Fixed stencil modes only affecting front facing geometry when shader has Cull Off.
- Graphics: Fixed textures in material property blocks (e.g. sprites) sometimes messing up other textures in the material on OpenGL.
- Graphics: Fixed “allocation 0x00000000 already registered” error messages.
- Graphics: Work around crash when trying to read invalid shader properties.
- IMGUI: OnMouseExit not called when mouse is moved from a collider to IMGUI element that is occluding it.
- iOS: Fixed crash occurring when using webcam texture whilst privacy settings deny access to the camera.
- iOS: Fixed handling of resolution preset in Player Settings.
- iOS: Fixed startup orientation handling on iOS 8.
- iOS: Support files with multiple fonts when building font metadata.
- iOS: Update and render additional frame after app suspension. Allows customising paused app’s thumbnail.
- Linux: Fixed text entry when pressing enter/return.
- Mac OS X: Fixed a bug where certain third party mice would cause the editor or players to take a very long time to start up.
- Mac OS X: Fixed full screen rendering at less than native resolution.
- Mac OS X: Fixed duplicate input events being sent in OS X standalone player.
- Mecanim: Fixed crash when opening a project with Free License where Animator Layer Sync has been turned on by a Pro License user.
- Mecanim: Fixed bug where Animator.StartRecording would prevent Animator.Play from playing animations.
- OpenGL ES2: Fixed shader depth state handling.
- Physics 2D: 2D colliders marked as triggers now don’t affect center of mass or inertia calculations.
- Physics 2D: Allow the change of Z transform position only, without disturbing Rigidbody2D interpolation.
- Physics 2D: Rigidbody2D without colliders now has default inertia and center of gravity.
- Physics 2D: Stop memory leak when assigning vertex array to PolygonCollider2D.points with invalid geometry.
- Scripting: Fixed ARM thunk creation in dynamic methods on AOT platforms.
- Scripting: Fixed occasional crash when switching between scenes.
- Scripting: Fixed potential crashes during breakpoint and single stepping in debugger.
- Scripting: Fixed the debugger causing waits to be interrupted.
- Shaders: VFACE pixel shader input semantic works now. Previously was not quite working on D3D9.
- Substance: Fixed crash when loading a scene with an object that has a script with a ProceduralMaterial assigned to a Material property.
- Windows Phone 8.0: Fixed an issue which caused shader depth bias being applied to the wrong direction on old WP 8.0 OS builds.
- Windows Phone 8.0: Unity no longer prevents build even if it finds code that will potentially crash during runtime.
- Windows Phone 8.1: Fixed Unity player not pausing when a phone call is incoming.
- Windows Phone 8.1: Input.inputString now works properly.
- Windows Phone: Fixed crash on application exit when location was enabled.
- Windows Phone: Unity no longer generates empty files that cause XAP deployment failures.
- Windows Store / Phone: Fixed an issue which caused Unity player to crash sometimes when loading a DLL not built for WinRT.
- Windows Store / Phone: Unity will produce full PDB files for scripts even in non-development builds.
- Windows Store Apps: Fixed exceptions which occur when trying to use reflection.
Not long after its release, Unity patched the release with 4.5.4p1.
— Unity Technologies (@unity3d) September 18, 2014
- Linux: Implement screen-fullscreen command line option.
- OSX: Implement show-screen-selector command-line option.
- iOS: Added iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Pl.
- (629264) – Android: Android TV – Fixed uses-feature attribute in manifest that could require touchscreen.
- (none) – Android: Fixed delay when resuming game from paused state.
- (613899) – Android: Fixed flickering screen on resume.
- (626884) – Direct3D 11: Unity will now correctly fall back to no MSAA depth textures if the GPU does not support ones with MSAA.
- (626698) – Editor: Fixed word wrapping in the detail area of the console.
- (626911) – Editor: Handle an intermittent failure in CoCreateInstance during the Visual Studio launch process.
- (626913) – Editor: Open a script in the correct version of Visual Studio when the script is already open in a different version.
- (none) – GLES2: Fixed OnPreRender.
- (626279) – Graphics: Send kGfxDeviceEventInitialize to native plugins if renderer changes.
- (none) – iOS: Fixed Xcode 6 GM build & run support.
- (none) – iOS: Fixed Xcode 6 GM Simulator support.
- (633436) – Linux: When using “Default is fullscreen” and “Default is native resolution” on a multidisplay system, store the resolution pref from the actual window size instead of the full desktop resolution.
- (none) – Manual: Update documentation for player command line arguments.
- (none) – OSX: Now GameKit is loaded dynamically, it should help with Mac App Store submissions for games, which are not using Game Center.
- (none) – Substance: Fixed regression where valid runtime cache data would not be used and ProceduralTextures would be needlessly recomputed.
- (629939) – Substance: ProceduralTextures are no longer corrupted when switching color space in the editor.
- (none) – Substance: ProceduralTextures are no longer corrupted when switching the masterTextureLimit in the editor.
- (629312) – Substance: Textures generated from a cloned ProceduralMaterial now have the proper alpha channel.
- (630011) – Terrain: Now tree imposter image will render in correct color space.
- (618377) – Version Control: Disallowing moving/renaming version controlled files that are changed/checked out remote.
- (632131) – WebCamTexture: Uses the first webcam device by default on all platforms.
- (621956) – WebPlayer: Fixed WebPlayer Loading failure when UNITY_DISABLE_PLUGIN_UPDATES = yes.
- (630691) – Windows Phone 8.0: Fixed an issue which caused rendering from scripts not to work the same frame that back button was pressed on certain devices.
- (627506) – Windows Phone 8.0: Using image effects no longer distorts the image resolution.
- (627696) – Windows Phone 8.1: Fixed copying of 240% sized wide tile to final VS solution.
- (625487) – Windows Phone 8.1: TouchScreenKeyboard.visible no longer throws an exception if called before creating an actual keyboard.
- (629758) – Windows Phone 8.1: Unity no longer overrides 106×106 icon in final VS solution when a custom icon is placed there.
- (630493) – Windows Player: Fixed blank window appearing briefly before entering fullscreen mode.
- (630867) – Windows Store: Fixed an issue which caused C# scripts to sometimes be included to wrong assemblies if “Debugging C# projects” checkbox was checked when building the project.
Unity 4.3.7 Hotfixes
The venerable Unity 4.3.7 has had two additional hotfixes released for it.
— Unity Technologies (@unity3d) July 31, 2014
- (605895) – Asset Import: Autodesk Maya 2015 MEL scripts updated to support Maya 2015
- (618639) – Networking: Fixed a leak of 256k per WWW instance, when loading uncompressed AssetBundles from disk.
- (617239) – Asset Loading: Fixed crash when caching uncompressed AssetBundles.
- (590767) – Windows Store Apps: Application won’t crash, when snapping is performed during application load.
- (618180) – iOS: project setting pre-rendered icon, now works. (Doesn’t have any effect in iOS7)
— Unity Technologies (@unity3d) September 17, 2014
- (618384) – iOS: Hidden option of Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie still had controls on iOS8. This issue has been fixed.
- (616198), (587833), (587920), (596644), (626280), (627163) – Editor/iOS: Large memory-samples in profiler now work. Fixed the error “Buffer is not large enough for the message.”