Unreal Engine 4 Subscription Available
Today, Epic announced that the Unreal Engine 4 was available for all users at a subscription rate of just $19 per month. Commercial sales then require a licensing fee of 5% of gross revenue.
This is the full engine, including all features, tools, and the entire C++ source code, for all platforms (PC, Mac, iOS and Android). The subscription also includes template games, sample assets, examples and more from the built-in Marketplace. The C++ code can be compiled in Microsoft Visual Studio or Apple Xcode, and is managed on GitHub.
IF YOU’RE USING THE ORIGINAL UDK:
- You’re free to continue using UDK and releasing products as planned.
- You can continue using the UDK forums with your existing login.
- UE3 docs remain available on the archived Unreal Developer Network.
- If you’re early in development or starting a new project, we recommend moving to UE4.
- DirectX 11 rendering
- Cascade VFX editor
- Physically-based material shading
- Blueprint Visual Scripting & Debugging
- Content Browser
- Persona animation toolset and Physics Asset editing tool
- Matinee cinematic toolset
- Terrain & Foliage
- Post-Process Effects
- Full Source Code Access
- Simulate & Immersive Views
- Instant Game Preview
- Possess & Eject Features
- Artificial intelligence system
- Sound Cue Editor audio
- Integration with more than a dozen industry-leading middleware technologies, including NVIDIA PhysX, Autodesk Gameware, Enlighten, Umbra, Oculus VR and more
To get started, visit www.unrealengine.com.